Monday 13 August 2007

One step forward......

On Saturday got a letter from the hospital. The dreaded , "very sorry but you appointment has been cancelled" letter. A new appointment has been made for me, on 20th August now. I called Lynne to tell her as soon as I thought she would be in work and told her. She is not too happy to say the least. Luckily Natalie will be able to make it to the new appointment so there will still be someone there to point me, and the surgeon, in the right direction.
Then I decided that I needed to go to the GP as I have been feeling crap for over 2 weeks on and off. Poked around a bit by the doc, that hurt quite a bit, mostly on my left hand side, the part of my colon that was badly affected from the beginning. This could explain why I feel so bad with joint pain etc. Result: I am now back on prednisilone again, 40 mg a day!!! Only a 10 day dose with a reducing dose of 1 less each day. Better than 1 less a week but still wanted to avoid any more of those damn tablets.

On a plus side, not sure if it is though, the hernia belt arrived today. Very uncomfortable to wear and I am not sure how practical it will be do actually work wearing it. Good thing may be that I can say that I have tried it and it might be making things worse.
They say, whoever they are, every cloud has a silver lining. This is a bit of a thick cloud, haven't yet forund the lining.

No comments: