Monday 13 August 2007

On another note

Been meaning to post about the book I found in Kings Lynn. Called the Great Pyramid Robbery it had a sticky note stuck to the front talking about Book Crossing. It is a book that you read then leave it somewhere else for anyone who cares to do so also picks it up and reads it then leaves it somewhere .... you get the idea. There is a unique code in the book that you can enter in the Book Crossing website and you can see where the book has been before you found it and then you can keep an eye on it once you leave it. I am sure a lot of books go missing, binned or lost property boxes never to be seen again, but it is an interesting idea. I had heard of it but never thought I would come across a book involved. So I will be reading the book and then leaving it somewhere on the Island. It started in Ipswich and has now reached the Isle of Wight. Who knows where it will end up?

No comments: