Thursday 9 August 2007

Not good today

Had to take some prednisilone again today. Quite a bit of pain, not to do with the stoma or hernia though, passing mucus everyday at the moment so I assume I am well on the way to a flare up again. With the ileostomy in place I don't know what to expect, know all about the bloody diarrhoea when there is food passing through the whole of my system, but what to expect when the food is not going through my large intestine? Need to find out. When I saw the gastro registrar he said that if I had a problem with getting worse I should start the steroids again. I have not started them blindly or without thinking a lot about it, we all still remember how crabby, (putting it mildly!), I was on high doses so I have started 10mg a day to see if this improves things. Must go back on the IA website to ask for other opinions.

I wonder if this will alter things when I see the surgeon next week?

No comments: