Wednesday 8 August 2007

Back from a couple of days away

Well, made it away and back without needing the hospital! Felt a long way from home / hospital and so did not enjoy myself as much as I should have, this upset the kids and my wife, I have to make up for that somehow. Sorry Ruth! We stayed in a couple of different Travelodges, one night near Cambridge and one night near Rutland Water. Rutland is a lovely place, walked about 5 miles on last day of break, legs managed OK, but only just! That is the furthest I have walked in I don't know how long! Was mindful of my declaration that I am going to complete the Walk the Wight in 2008. Need to get a lot fitter!

The legs still ache and I feel rough but better than I expected so perhaps things aren't too bad. Good to get away from the house, it is too long to be stuck indoors.

No comments: