Thursday 3 July 2008

Op date

OK, I have a date for my operation; 28th July 2008 three and bit weeks away. So on my Dad's birthday, 29th July I will be starting my new life without any colon or rectum. Sounds real serious I know to talk about not having a rectum and it is but that way i will have nothing left to be affected by this bloody disease with no risk of colon cancer, no more flare-ups no more taking azathioprine or prednisilone any more. That on its own is enough to have the operation done. They will be looking for adhesions and fixing the hernia properly at the same time, I talked to the surgeon about using some kind of pork based mesh to strengthen the repair and hopefully that is what will happen. So I am waiting for a date for the pre-assessment, that was missing from the letter from the hospital but I know that I must turn up at the hospital on 27th @ 2pm and the operation will be done the next day. Fingers crossed!

No comments: